NonXscape

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NonXscape

NonXscape

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NonXscape Forums: by Lucas

5 posters

[SELL] Abyssal Whip x7

Andy
    Andy

[SELL] Abyssal Whip x7 Empty [SELL] Abyssal Whip x7

Post  Andy Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:52 am

As title says im selling whips and i have 7 of them.

Im looking for around 20-40m each.

Last edited by Andy on Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:02 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Master Gir
    Master Gir

[SELL] Abyssal Whip x7 Empty Re: [SELL] Abyssal Whip x7

Post  Master Gir Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:05 am

Nice amount :p
    Lucas
    Lucas
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Lucas Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:34 pm

I would say no one has that amount of cash yet Razz
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:30 am

Lucas wrote:I would say no one has that amount of cash yet Razz

Very true Razz , give it a week or two and maybe they might Very Happy
    Lucas
    Lucas
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Lucas Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:02 pm

nah, but The new thing I have made so people can make money is dragon bones. There about 300k-500k each so start gaining up a lot and selling to your players!
    Newbie member
    Newbie member

Post  1 Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:53 pm

Lucas wrote:nah, but The new thing I have made so people can make money is dragon bones. There about 300k-500k each so start gaining up a lot and selling to your players!

You can't put a set price on an item - especially 300 to 400K each - whenever it takes 30 seconds to get one of them. The only way you will force dragon bones to 300K each is selling them in the general stores for that amount. Then you will quickly find that no players are buying them because they would much rather buy big bones (roughly 6 times less xp for 150th the cost) or they would be killing green dragons themselves, saving them hours of clicking on a stall.

Also I'd like to know how Andy got 6 whips. It took me 4 hours to kill 300 or more abyssal demons, and have only got one whip. Bad luck for me and good luck for him? It's possible, he's a mod like my brother and for my brother it took only 30 kills while he wasn't even on a slayer task (being on a task is a 40% more chance of getting a rare drop). I've killed around 50 abyssal demons on a task without a whip drop. Unless drop charts have been changed on this server, whips should be a 1 in 750 chance, which kind of reflects my odds of getting one... extremely low. So unless mods have a higher chance of rare drops, I really doubt Andy has killed abyssal demons for 24+ hours. It's unreasonable.
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:02 pm

1 wrote:
    Lucas wrote:nah, but The new thing I have made so people can make money is dragon bones. There about 300k-500k each so start gaining up a lot and selling to your players!

You can't put a set price on an item - especially 300 to 400K each - whenever it takes 30 seconds to get one of them. The only way you will force dragon bones to 300K each is selling them in the general stores for that amount. Then you will quickly find that no players are buying them because they would much rather buy big bones (roughly 6 times less xp for 150th the cost) or they would be killing green dragons themselves, saving them hours of clicking on a stall.

Also I'd like to know how Andy got 6 whips. It took me 4 hours to kill 300 or more abyssal demons, and have only got one whip. Bad luck for me and good luck for him? It's possible, he's a mod like my brother and for my brother it took only 30 kills while he wasn't even on a slayer task (being on a task is a 40% more chance of getting a rare drop). I've killed around 50 abyssal demons on a task without a whip drop. Unless drop charts have been changed on this server, whips should be a 1 in 750 chance, which kind of reflects my odds of getting one... extremely low. So unless mods have a higher chance of rare drops, I really doubt Andy has killed abyssal demons for 24+ hours. It's unreasonable.

I speant around 3 hours killing abyssal demons, i also have silico as proof as i messaged him everytime i got one.

Newbie member
    Newbie member

Post  1 Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:27 pm

Andy wrote:
    1 wrote:

I speant around 3 hours killing abyssal demons, i also have silico as proof as i messaged him everytime i got one.

Yeah, I am going to go out on a limb and say that mods have a way higher chance of getting good drops. I worked longer for 1 than you did for 8, which is how many you have now.
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:55 pm

1 wrote:
    Andy wrote:
    1 wrote:

Yeah, I am going to go out on a limb and say that mods have a way higher chance of getting good drops. I worked longer for 1 than you did for 8, which is how many you have now.

im sure lucas will look at this as its an unfair advantage if this is true.
    Newbie member
    Newbie member

Post  1 Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:48 pm

Not going to quote you because it's making a big paragraph of stuff we've already read.

I doubt Lucas would change it so that mods have a higher chance of better drops, it might be some coding he doesn't know about. It's also possible that I'm just extremely unlucky and that you and my brother got extremely lucky in multiple cases. I did get a dark bow on my 2nd dark beast kill so I wouldn't doubt that it's just probability behind it all. We're not looking at a one year history of me being unlucky and you being lucky, it's just been a matter of days. But if drop charts are indeed 1 in 750 for whips, just like RS, then it seems like we might have a problem. For you the drop rate has been probably 1 in 50-75 and for me about 1 in 300.
    Silico
    Silico
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Silico Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:32 am

Andy wrote:
    1 wrote:
    Andy wrote:
    1 wrote:

im sure lucas will look at this as its an unfair advantage if this is true.
    Ya I'm a witness.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content